.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chuck's Occasional Rants (now banned in 15 countries)

This is where I rant about my life, the way things are going, the state of the nation, or anything else that catches my attention. These entries reflect my opinion on a given subject. That opinion may be viewed as anything from informed to insane, but nonetheless it is mine. If you disagree with me, remember no one is forcing you to read this blog. As to the blog name, according to sources, the content of this blog most likely violates certain banned speech laws in 15 countries.

Name:
Location: Parts Unknown, Pennsylvania, United States

I am male, 41, heterosexual, caucasian, and still living (to the best of my knowledge). I won't mention my political views as I am sure that you will figure them out from the entires in this blog (unless you are a Tea Party member in which case you are probably too uneducated and downright stupid to figure it out.)

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Random Musings...

Hello again readers. I trust that everyone is doing well.
Today's rant (which isn't really a rant) concerns something that popped into my head as I was watching my favorite tv show.
I was watching an old taped episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000, specifically, "Hercules Versus The Moon Men" (didn't Bullwinkle once fight moon men? Or was that moon mice?), when a thought occurred to me. That thought was "If Laverne and Shirley lived and worked in Milwaukee, then why did they have Brooklyn accents?" Someone will undoubtedly say that they were originally from Brooklyn, but in that case, then why does the rest of the cast have Brooklyn accents also?? Shouldn't someone sound like they came from Milwaukee?? I guess the inanity of tv only becomes apparent if you think about it.
In other thoughts regarding entertainment, I see that Dick Clark has decided to comeback and do ABC's "New Year's Rockin' Eve". For those of you who don't know, Dick Clark suffered a stroke prior to this past New Year's Eve and thus was unable to host the show. I also see that he will have a "co-host". Apparently, Ryan Seacrest (from "American Idol") will be Dick's minder. First he hosts "American Idol" (a show that utterly is a waste of airtime), then he buys out "America's Top-40" and puts radio legend Kasey Kasem out of a job, and now he is trying to put Dick Clark out to pasture. How much and how long will it take before people finally realize that Ryan Seacrest is a talentless hack with too much money for his own good who is trying to buy his way to hosting legitimacy? Now I find that most of the shows on network tv today are a waste of time (exceptions: the news, CSI, and Law and Order), but American Idol is at the bottom of the populist trash barrel, and now they are taking the talentless host of a show featuring talentless people being judged by the has-been's or never-were's and pairing him with a broadcasting legend. ABC have you no sense of decency?!!? There are many, many very talented people out there who would jump at the chance to co-host with Dick Clark (and they would do it for free) and yet you pick a person who is perhaps the most lackluster host of a show since the invention of the medium. Yes, Newton Minnow was (and is) right, tv "...is a vast wasteland."
I am Chuck, and I don't practice populist demagoguery therefore I will never be a television network executive!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home