.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chuck's Occasional Rants (now banned in 15 countries)

This is where I rant about my life, the way things are going, the state of the nation, or anything else that catches my attention. These entries reflect my opinion on a given subject. That opinion may be viewed as anything from informed to insane, but nonetheless it is mine. If you disagree with me, remember no one is forcing you to read this blog. As to the blog name, according to sources, the content of this blog most likely violates certain banned speech laws in 15 countries.

Name:
Location: Parts Unknown, Pennsylvania, United States

I am male, 41, heterosexual, caucasian, and still living (to the best of my knowledge). I won't mention my political views as I am sure that you will figure them out from the entires in this blog (unless you are a Tea Party member in which case you are probably too uneducated and downright stupid to figure it out.)

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

An Update

Hello again loyal readers. Today's subject is an update and not a rant.
Since I asked all of you to click on the Google Ads at the side of the page, I thought it only fair to tell you how my little enterprise is going.
Since I placed the ads on this page, approximately 221 people have visited here. Of those 221 visitors, 3 people took the time to click on the ads. Thanks to those three people, I have made tons of money...NOT! To date, I have made a whopping 7 cents! Gee, I don't know what I will do with it all! I do know that at this rate, almost 3100 people to visit this site before I make a dollar. This isn't an admonishment, I just found it a bit humorous in a futile sort of way. I mean futile like banging your head against a prison wall to break out of jail. That sort of futile. Well, I am off to build a dam across the Mississippi River using toothpicks and chewing gum. Later.
I am Chuck and I am America's newest cents-aire!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since you appear to be a rational voter, I'll tell you a story and you can pass is on. During the years, when Clinton was Prez, "our" Senator Rick pulled the lousiest thing a politician has ever done. A military appropriations bill had to be passed, otherwise the troops would not be paid. As the bill wended through Congress, Rotten Rick added a personal rider.
It seems there was an old soldier's home in D.C. and it was running out of funds. It asked Congress to grant it the wooded land surrounding the home. Rick wrote the rider so that the only ones who could bid on the land were schools adjacent to the property. Guess what? The only bidder was a religious school adjacent to the property. Man, every time I hear Rick talk about American values and religious values, all I can think of is "What a bunch of hypocrites we Americans have elected!"
Oh well, I guess we get what we deserve.
Dan
daniel.aldouby@verizon.net

2:44 PM, July 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since you appear to be a rational voter, I'll tell you a story and you can pass is on. During the years, when Clinton was Prez, "our" Senator Rick pulled the lousiest thing a politician has ever done. A military appropriations bill had to be passed, otherwise the troops would not be paid. As the bill wended through Congress, Rotten Rick added a personal rider.
It seems there was an old soldier's home in D.C. and it was running out of funds. It asked Congress to grant it the wooded land surrounding the home. Rick wrote the rider so that the only ones who could bid on the land were schools adjacent to the property. Guess what? The only bidder was a religious school adjacent to the property. Man, every time I hear Rick talk about American values and religious values, all I can think of is "What a bunch of hypocrites we Americans have elected!"
Oh well, I guess we get what we deserve.
Dan

2:45 PM, July 02, 2005  
Blogger Chuck said...

Dan,
First, thank you for your comment. It's nice to know that someone occasionally reads my sometimes irrational drivel.
As to the story you've told me, do you know what the name of the soldiers home was and roughly the year it happened? If so, I can then check it out and write it up.
As for Santorum, it is well known that he is both a devout conservative and a devout Catholic. Now, don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with being devoutly religious (any religion, Catholic or otherwise). The problem with Santorum is that he uses his religion to justify screwing the common man and to justify imposing his moral views on everyone else (whether they want them or not). It is about time for some of these elected officials to realize that we live in a pluralistic society, not their little homogenous fascist theocratic fantasy! These same officials need to stop kow-towing to the Religious Right and start responding to the needs and want of their constituents or they could be looking for another line of work! These guys also need to stop believe the bullshit they keep spewing and check out reality once in a while. In case they haven't noticed, there is a growing discontent in this country. That discontent is aimed squarely at Bush and his conservative cohorts. The people are finally fed up with the lying of the Republicans on everything from the true effects of the Patriot Act to Social Security to Iraq and The War On Terrorism.
As for taking care of old soldiers, I think that most people, Liberal and Conservative, would agree that they (the soldiers) have EARNED the right to be taken care of in their old age. And in case anyone has forgotten, the guys who are currently eligible to retire to a soldiers home are the same ones who fought a couple of wars called World War 2, Korea, and the early part of Vietnam!! I don't know about you, but as a historian, I definitely think these guys have earned it (the free care)! Leave it to someone like Santorum to screw them out of it!
Thanks again for the comment.
--Chuck.

3:49 PM, July 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home