.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chuck's Occasional Rants (now banned in 15 countries)

This is where I rant about my life, the way things are going, the state of the nation, or anything else that catches my attention. These entries reflect my opinion on a given subject. That opinion may be viewed as anything from informed to insane, but nonetheless it is mine. If you disagree with me, remember no one is forcing you to read this blog. As to the blog name, according to sources, the content of this blog most likely violates certain banned speech laws in 15 countries.

Name:
Location: Parts Unknown, Pennsylvania, United States

I am male, 41, heterosexual, caucasian, and still living (to the best of my knowledge). I won't mention my political views as I am sure that you will figure them out from the entires in this blog (unless you are a Tea Party member in which case you are probably too uneducated and downright stupid to figure it out.)

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

...And I Still Didn't Get Any Teeth!

Hello again everyone.
Since it is slow here at the Chuck Ranch, I decided that I would tell everyone what I got for Christmas. (And the title doesn't refer to me needing teeth, it is a play on the old song "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth" [or whatever it is called].)
I didn't get much. I really didn't expect much as I think I am on Santa's "Naughty" List. I don't know though, I mean my girlfriend says that I am not "naughty" often enough!??! You figure it out.
What I did get was a Steelers winter coat, a box of "personal care" items (a BIG box), and some money. I still don't know what I am getting from my girlfriend although she says it is a gift certificate for a hat. (I am extremely picky when it comes to my hats, thus the gift certificate instead of the actual hat.)
The only thing I would have changed, as far as what I got, is that I'd have waited for the "Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl Champions" jackets to come out. I mean the Super Bowl is at the end of January so it isn't that far away.
Oh, don't give me that, you damned Eagles fans! The Steelers beat you in the pre-season, and then in the regular season (like a redheaded step-child!!), and they will beat you in the post-season too. Of course the international sign for choking is a picture of a Philly Eagle, so they might pull one of their famous post-season asphyxiations and not even make it to the big dance. If that is the case, the Steelers can just send the practice squad as the rest of the NFC is so weak that NFC has come to stand for "Not (a) Freakin' Chance"!
Enough about football.
As for the money I recieved, I am happy to announce that I used some to buy my girlfriend a present and I used the rest to by a DVD player and the complete first season of the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show! I got the DVD player at Sam's Club (if you have a Sam's Club card and need a DVD player, stop reading this and go there now!!!!) Sam's had a helluva deal on Magnavox DVD players! It is a basic player (definitely nothing fancy), but for $30 who can argue?!!? The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show DVD set I got at MediaPlay. What can I say, I mean I like Rocky and Bullwinkle, it fits my IQ, and it was on sale. (The set has 26 episodes on 4 DVDs, it is the entire first season!) I have been watching it since last night and I am still not through the first DVD (although I did take breaks to eat, sleep, play with the computer, go to the bathroom, and attempt to pull a rabbit out of an old hat. I also read a little poetry.)
Whoops, I almost forgot to mention that I got a bit of indigestion from eating too much of Mom's Christmas ham (and all the trimmings). I don't think that quite qualifies as a Christmas gift though.
Well, enough of what I got for Christmas. I hope all of you got a lot of good stuff (Christmas is the season that keeps many retailer in business, after all. Gotta support the economy!) I also hope your holiday was happy and safe.
Until next time, I am Chuck and this is my blog. There are many like it, but this one is mine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home