.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chuck's Occasional Rants (now banned in 15 countries)

This is where I rant about my life, the way things are going, the state of the nation, or anything else that catches my attention. These entries reflect my opinion on a given subject. That opinion may be viewed as anything from informed to insane, but nonetheless it is mine. If you disagree with me, remember no one is forcing you to read this blog. As to the blog name, according to sources, the content of this blog most likely violates certain banned speech laws in 15 countries.

Name:
Location: Parts Unknown, Pennsylvania, United States

I am male, 41, heterosexual, caucasian, and still living (to the best of my knowledge). I won't mention my political views as I am sure that you will figure them out from the entires in this blog (unless you are a Tea Party member in which case you are probably too uneducated and downright stupid to figure it out.)

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Is It Just Me??

Hello again readers. The subject of today's rant, which isn't a rant but more of a musing, is "Is It Just Me??"
As I was wandering the aisles of the local grocery store earlier today, I had an odd thought. I went to pick up a loaf of bread and thought "Is this loaf of bread smaller or is it just me?" I couldn't tell which was true (the loaf being smaller, or just appearing smaller). So therefore I thought that I would consult my readers. So which is it, are loaves of bread getting smaller, or do I just think that they are getting smaller? (Believe me, it isn't just loaves of bread which are shrinking in the stores) Let me know what you think.
Another random thought, is it me or has the price of food gone up greatly in the last six months? It seems to me that my food bill used to be lower six months ago.
And one last thing, it occurs to me that this country (the US) may have too much or too many of certain consumer items. What I mean is, the other day at the local grocery store (while looking for toilet paper), I counted 29 different types and sizes of toilet paper on the shelf. They had everything from a single roll to giant multipacks with 24 rolls in them! It occurs to me that 29 different varieties may be just a bit of overkill when it comes to toilet paper.
I am Chuck and I have way too much time on my hands for my own good!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The prices are going up for food. Pain in the ass, if you ask me. But you didn't. :D

1:27 AM, August 06, 2005  
Blogger Chuck said...

LOL. Thanks for the comment.
Fuel prices are up, food prices are up (primarily due to rising fuel prices), everything is going up...except paychecks! Good thing GW was re-elected. After all, a Democrat would have started a nasty investigation and that would have been all messy for the price gouging oil companies. But with GW in the Oval Office, we don't have to worry about that! Yeah, golly, our guys in Iraq must be proud that GW is back. Now they don't have to worry about just getting killed, they have to worry about getting killed AND whether their families will be able to afford to eat! Wow, what a president Bush is, clueless on foreign policy, clueless on domestic policy, and running this country right into the shitter! If anything destroys America, it won't be terrorists, it'll be Bush! Abraham Lincoln once said (and I am paraphrasing) that no foreign power would ever destroy the US, if we were to be destroyed it would have to be by suicide. Well, GW is currently cocking the pistol!

12:20 AM, August 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home