.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chuck's Occasional Rants (now banned in 15 countries)

This is where I rant about my life, the way things are going, the state of the nation, or anything else that catches my attention. These entries reflect my opinion on a given subject. That opinion may be viewed as anything from informed to insane, but nonetheless it is mine. If you disagree with me, remember no one is forcing you to read this blog. As to the blog name, according to sources, the content of this blog most likely violates certain banned speech laws in 15 countries.

Name:
Location: Parts Unknown, Pennsylvania, United States

I am male, 41, heterosexual, caucasian, and still living (to the best of my knowledge). I won't mention my political views as I am sure that you will figure them out from the entires in this blog (unless you are a Tea Party member in which case you are probably too uneducated and downright stupid to figure it out.)

Friday, October 28, 2005

Just A Small Notice...

Hello loyal readers, I hope everyone is doing ok.
This is just a small/short notice about a few changes to this blog.
The first change you may notice is that, from this point forward, you will need to use "word verification" in order to post a comment. I have enabled this option because in the last 2 days I have received roughly 15 spam comments. These comments are posted (usually) by a script running on a machine. Since only a human can read and correctly enter the information contained in the word verification window, this should cut down on the spam comments. (This type of thing is also known as a "Turing Test." Do a Google search if you wish to know more about the test.)
The second change that you will notice is a small addition on the same line as "post a comment" called "links to this blog" (or something like that). I added this to track backlinking. This will let me know if anyone has linked to my blog. So far no one has linked to me, but hopefully this will change soon. If you spot a link in the backlinks section, I would greatly encourage you to follow it and see what the other person has to say.
Well, that is about it.
I am Chuck and this has been an update.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:02 PM, November 10, 2005  
Blogger Chuck said...

Anonymous,
Let us examine your comments, shall we?
You said, "chuck if you ever use [edited to protect identity--chuck] computer again im going to take all the wires so stay off it ok and thats my blog"
First, it isn't your computer, it belongs to someone related to you.
Second, this isn't your blog, it is mine. You didn't blog, you made a comment. If you want a blog, just go to blogger.com and sign up for one.
Third, your post is being deleted because you failed to read the rules. You posted a comment not pertaining to the blog in general or the post in specific (See rule #5). The deletion is pursuant to rules #9, #10, and #11.
That is all, step down, see the clerk.
--Chuck

11:21 PM, November 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home