.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chuck's Occasional Rants (now banned in 15 countries)

This is where I rant about my life, the way things are going, the state of the nation, or anything else that catches my attention. These entries reflect my opinion on a given subject. That opinion may be viewed as anything from informed to insane, but nonetheless it is mine. If you disagree with me, remember no one is forcing you to read this blog. As to the blog name, according to sources, the content of this blog most likely violates certain banned speech laws in 15 countries.

Name:
Location: Parts Unknown, Pennsylvania, United States

I am male, 41, heterosexual, caucasian, and still living (to the best of my knowledge). I won't mention my political views as I am sure that you will figure them out from the entires in this blog (unless you are a Tea Party member in which case you are probably too uneducated and downright stupid to figure it out.)

Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Verdict Is In.

Hello again readers, I hope everyone is doing well.
The subject of today's rant involves our favorite "bit part" terrorist, Zacarias Moussaoui.
According to various wire service reports, the jury in the seemingly neverending trial and sentencing of Moussaoui has found that Moussaoui is deserving of life in prison. According to the AP report, when sentenced Moussaoui said, "America, you lost, I won" and then clapped his hands.
I decided long ago that this clown wasn't nuts. I didn't know what was wrong with him, just that he wasn't the looney that his lawyers claimed he was. I now know what his problem is...He is blindingly stupid.
What I mean is, here is a guy just sentenced to spending the rest of his natural life within the confines of the USP Florence ADMAX (aka the "Supermax") and he thinks that he won?!!? Well, Mr. Moussaoui, let me tell you what you've "won" and then we'll see if your opinion of the verdict changes.
Mr. Moussaoui, you've won a fabulous stay at the United States Penitentiary-Florence Administrative Maximum Facility (accommodation courtesy of the Federal Bureau of Prisons). While in USP Florence, you may enjoy their fabulous guest program. The guest program includes a lovely 7ft by 12ft concrete cell luxuriously appointed with a concrete desk, concrete stool, and concrete bed (it also has a toilet and shower). You will enjoy plenty of solitude as you will be confined to your cell 23 hours a day with no contact from anyone except the guards. Your gourmet prison meals will be delivered to you on the finest styrofoam and eaten with utensils lovingly machine crafted by skilled plasticsmiths. You will get to look at the four walls and not much more as your cell has a window, but it is too high up for you to see through. Your cell also has mood lighting consisting of rather harsh fluorescent lights creating a mood style we like to call "interrogation". And while your buddies Richard Reid, Omar Abdel-Rahman, and Ramzi Youssef are also imprisoned in USP Florence, I highly doubt you will EVER see them. Yes, Mr Moussaoui, for playing the "I'm a terrorist" game with the US Government, you've won a fabulous stay at a sterile Hell-on-Earth. I hope you enjoy every minute! Oh, and by the way, while you are rotting, the country you tried to destroy will be going on as usual right outside your door. Mr Moussaoui, that is the price of playing and losing.
I am Chuck and this has been my rant.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the Jury who saw through his mind games and did not rise to them. They made the correct choice the send him to prison for life and not to make him into a martyr.

There is a good cartoon illustrating your rant here:

Cartoon of Moussaoui

Take care

Tom

3:49 PM, May 05, 2006  
Blogger Chuck said...

Tom,
Good to hear from you again. Thanks for the comment and the link.
I believe the jury did, indeed, see through the mind games that Moussaoui was playing. I still believe that Moussaoui deserves far worse than life in prison, but I am satisfied with the sentence. I went to high school with a guy who is now a guard at ADX Florence and from what he says, Mousaaoui is, indeed, headed to a very sterile Hell on Earth. I guess there are fates worse than death in this world.
Take care.
--Chuck.

8:05 PM, May 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home