.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chuck's Occasional Rants (now banned in 15 countries)

This is where I rant about my life, the way things are going, the state of the nation, or anything else that catches my attention. These entries reflect my opinion on a given subject. That opinion may be viewed as anything from informed to insane, but nonetheless it is mine. If you disagree with me, remember no one is forcing you to read this blog. As to the blog name, according to sources, the content of this blog most likely violates certain banned speech laws in 15 countries.

Name:
Location: Parts Unknown, Pennsylvania, United States

I am male, 41, heterosexual, caucasian, and still living (to the best of my knowledge). I won't mention my political views as I am sure that you will figure them out from the entires in this blog (unless you are a Tea Party member in which case you are probably too uneducated and downright stupid to figure it out.)

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Georgia's On My Mind

Hello again readers. I hope everyone is doing well.
Today's post concerns Georgia's new immigration bill. The bill, as reported by Reuters, would deny essential state services to illegal immigrants, penalize employers who hire illegals, and limit the services that commercial companies can provide to illegals.
The governor of Georgia , Sonny Purdue, said, "It's our responsibility to ensure that our famous Georgia hospitality is not abused, that our taxpayers are not taken advantage of and that our citizens are protected."
I would like Sonny to explain to me exactly how immigrants (legal or illegal) are abusing Georgia's hospitality. I would also like to know how they are taking advantage of taxpayers (given that most of the social programs Georgia would like to protect are federally funded). And exactly how is this bill going to protect your citizens?
I guess the governor of Georgia would rather see people starving in the streets than to give them food stamps. I guess he would rather see people dying of simple, curable diseases than to have them going to hospitals for treatment. I guess he would rather have them stealing to support their families rather than giving them aid. After all, aren't these the ways that most illegal immigrants take advantage of taxpayers?
Tell me, governor, how is isolating and forcing illegals to turn to crime going to protect your citizens? If protecting them means that they won't be robbed by a hungry, desperate illegal, then your program just failed. If protecting your citizens means that they won't be paying taxes to support an illegal on welfare, ok. But then how do you explain spending the money on keeping that illegal in jail when he or she turns to crime to survive? I guess it is an accounting thing.
So now I guess that Georgia's "famous hospitality" is only extended to those who are not non-white, illegal, poor, or from someplace other than Georgia (guess the folks from Alabama and South Carolina are out of luck). So if you are white, rich, legal, and a citizen of Georgia, then you are most welcome. I should have expected nothing less from a state that has the most hate groups in the nation. Perhaps after this bill, Georgia should erect signs at their borders reflecting their new attitude. Those sign should say, "Welkkkome to Georgia (locals only!)"
I am Chuck and this has been my rant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home