.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chuck's Occasional Rants (now banned in 15 countries)

This is where I rant about my life, the way things are going, the state of the nation, or anything else that catches my attention. These entries reflect my opinion on a given subject. That opinion may be viewed as anything from informed to insane, but nonetheless it is mine. If you disagree with me, remember no one is forcing you to read this blog. As to the blog name, according to sources, the content of this blog most likely violates certain banned speech laws in 15 countries.

Name:
Location: Parts Unknown, Pennsylvania, United States

I am male, 41, heterosexual, caucasian, and still living (to the best of my knowledge). I won't mention my political views as I am sure that you will figure them out from the entires in this blog (unless you are a Tea Party member in which case you are probably too uneducated and downright stupid to figure it out.)

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Why The Stupid Should Not Become Criminals.

Hello again readers. I hope everyone out there is doing well.
Today's post concerns an email I recently received from a person calling himself "Mr. George Adam". The contents of Mr Adam's email (the quotes are mine):
"I am Mr. George Adam, Manager of Cent Royal Hotel, Lagos Nigeria.

We are on the second phase of recruiting workers. We are currently looking for 10 to 20 energetic young individuals to join our working team under their following positions:

1 Manager
2 Assistant manager
3 Secretary and assistant
4 Hotel Attendant
5 Chef with not less than 2 years cooking experience
6 Men/women who can host people on stage
7 Security men


8 And other

Our salary is very attractive as we pay what is obtainable in our hotels here in Nigeria and other developed countries. If you are interested to work for us.

Application is now online >> http://centroyalhotel.tripod.com/

Tel/Fax: (+234)-8064218261 or +447031817587

We shall help you to process your document and pay for your flight ticket with your one-month visa as a tourist to enter here in Nigeria and work with us.

N/B: all expenses incured to bring you to Nigeria must be dully deducted from your monthly salary while working for us here.


Mr. George."
(Note, the spelling errors are his not mine, the letter is copied from my email exactly as I received it.)
Please note the supposed location of the hotel in question (Lagos, Nigeria).
Now, if you want a good laugh, go to the website for the hotel (here)and check out the "About Us" page. Go ahead, I'll wait...
Notice anything unusual about the description of the area surrounding the luxurious "Cent Royal Hotel" in Lagos, Nigeria? I wasn't aware that Lagos, Nigeria was the home of Niagara Falls or Fort Erie! I'll bet the nice folks who call Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada home weren't aware that they actually lived in Nigeria (not Canada)! I also like how the nearest listed airport on the page is Buffalo. While that may be true for Niagara Falls, flying into Buffalo to go to a hotel in Nigeria could make for a bit of a long cab ride. (Not to mention that I don't think that the bridge to western Africa is done yet.)
As far as the letter goes, I like how the main hotel number is a Nigerian number, but the fax number goes to the UK. (Nigeria's calling code is 234, the UK's is 44). Doesn't that make picking up your faxes a bit inconvenient?!!?
I know that I probably shouldn't have published this letter here as it is an obvious scam, but I just couldn't resist exposing this guy's stupidity.
So, Mr George Adam, for trying to convince people that your non-existent hotel is in Lagos, Nigeria while listing Niagara Falls/Fort Erie area attractions on the "About Us" page, for including a map to your hotel that clearly shows the Niagara Falls area and not the Lagos area, and for listing a main hotel number that is in Nigeria but having a fax number that is in the UK, I hereby award you the first ever "Chuck's Occasional Rants Dumbass Of The Week Award." The award includes an all expense paid vacation to the federal correctional facility of your choice, three meals a day, and a lovely view of the prison yard. Enjoy it, Mr Adam, after all you've earned it by being dumber than a brick and, then, writing emails to others proving that rocks can outsmart you. Mr Adam, perhaps you should have taken the advice of the famous author Mark Twain when he said, "It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."
I am Chuck, and this has been my rant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home