.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chuck's Occasional Rants (now banned in 15 countries)

This is where I rant about my life, the way things are going, the state of the nation, or anything else that catches my attention. These entries reflect my opinion on a given subject. That opinion may be viewed as anything from informed to insane, but nonetheless it is mine. If you disagree with me, remember no one is forcing you to read this blog. As to the blog name, according to sources, the content of this blog most likely violates certain banned speech laws in 15 countries.

Name:
Location: Parts Unknown, Pennsylvania, United States

I am male, 41, heterosexual, caucasian, and still living (to the best of my knowledge). I won't mention my political views as I am sure that you will figure them out from the entires in this blog (unless you are a Tea Party member in which case you are probably too uneducated and downright stupid to figure it out.)

Thursday, April 20, 2006

What Next? Jugglers?

Hello again readers. I hope all of you are in good health.
Today's post concerns the ongoing saga of our favorite convicted terrorist, Zacarias Moussaoui.
I have been reading the news reports of his defense during this penalty phase, and I am thoroughly convinced that the next thing they (the defense) will present is jugglers. What I mean is that, first, they presented a psychiatrist who testified that Moussaoui is schizophrenic, then they presented a psychologist who happens to be a cult expert who testified that Moussaoui was caught up in an Islamic "death cult", and now they have presented several family members of the 9/11 victims who basically said, "Don't execute him, that would be bad."
Now, I am not going to knock these family members for doing what they think is right. Quite to the contrary, I think these family members should be both congratulated and praised for having the moral courage to stand up for their convictions. I do not agree with their sentiments, but I certainly do respect them.
As for the schizophrenic defense, I say bull! Moussaoui's habit of standing up and yelling "Death to [the group of the day]" sounds more like a mild case of Tourette Syndrome than schizophrenia! I would also have to question the assessment of the psychiatrist who concluded that, because Moussaoui had trouble doing two things at once, he had schizophrenia and, thus, would never have learned to fly a plane. Hmmm, so to his (the psychiatrist's) way of thinking, everyone that has trouble walking and chewing bubblegum is schizo?!!? The prosecution asked if Moussaoui had such trouble doing two things at once, then how'd he learn to drive a car? The psych basically said that driving a car isn't as complicated as flying a plane. Well, duh! But that still doesn't answer the question. The last time I checked, yes, flying a plane was far more complicated than driving a car, but both required some degree of hand-eye coordination and the ability to do two things at once!
As for the whole "death cult" thing, I think the defense is beginning to really grasp at straws here. Basically, the defense is saying, "If you don't believe he is nuts, then please believe that the devil made him do it!"
So far nothing that I have read convinces me that the guy didn't know what he was doing when he participated in the planning and run up to 9/11. Nothing I have read convinces me that Moussaoui didn't know right from wrong (a key element of a mental illness defense). And nothing I have read convinces me that Moussaoui is anything other than what he claims to be, a completely sane, cold blooded, wannabe terrorist murderer. I understand the defense team's desire to throw in everything including the kitchen sink to get their client life instead of death, but about the only thing they have left to try is jugglers. Guys, I think it is time to call it a day and let his fate be decided by the jury.
I am Chuck and this has been my rant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home