.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chuck's Occasional Rants (now banned in 15 countries)

This is where I rant about my life, the way things are going, the state of the nation, or anything else that catches my attention. These entries reflect my opinion on a given subject. That opinion may be viewed as anything from informed to insane, but nonetheless it is mine. If you disagree with me, remember no one is forcing you to read this blog. As to the blog name, according to sources, the content of this blog most likely violates certain banned speech laws in 15 countries.

Name:
Location: Parts Unknown, Pennsylvania, United States

I am male, 41, heterosexual, caucasian, and still living (to the best of my knowledge). I won't mention my political views as I am sure that you will figure them out from the entires in this blog (unless you are a Tea Party member in which case you are probably too uneducated and downright stupid to figure it out.)

Monday, October 01, 2007

I'm Not Dead Yet!

(Apologies to Monty Python for the title.)
Hello everyone, long, long time, no post. I apologize for that.
Well, this entry will not be some monumental pontification from the bully pulpit. Instead, this will be an update as to what I've been doing since my last post.
First, I continue to be gainfully employed in my position as a family living provider. Things have been going fairly well at my job if you discount the fact that my boss (whom I really liked) was demoted (can't say why--confidentiality), that I have to continue to put up with the anally retentive clean-freak controlling parents from hell, that my day programmer left, and that the yard is severely overgrown due to the fact that my company provided lawn mower is constantly broken. Yes, other than that, everything is just peachy!
Secondly, I learned in May that I am to be (sort of) a step-grandpa. It seems that my girlfriend's daughter is having a kid. It is a boy, and no, I won't tell you the due date or his name.
Thirdly, I got to see an incredible concert in July. On July 20th, I got to see the Police in Hersheypark Stadium. The concert was incredible. Sting was in great voice and, despite a little rust shown in a few songs, the guys were tight. It was as if the Police quit in the 80s, skipped the years in between, and picked it up right where they left off. If you have an opportunity to see them, I most highly recommend that you see them when they come to your city.
Fourth, in August, I got to see the Pittsburgh Steelers play the Philadelphia Eagles. My consumer is a huge Eagles fan and I am a HUGE Steelers fan. I checked online and found that the Eagles and Steelers were playing again in the preseason. I did some further checking and managed to get two tickets (for a reasonable price) in the nosebleed section (sec. 511) on the Eagles side. On the 26th of August, we set out on my longest roadtrip/outing in a long time (4 hrs to Pgh, 4 hrs back, and 3 hrs for the game, total 11 hrs). When we got there, I took the first place I could find to park...unfortunately, we parked in the USW garage downtown (just off the Blvd of the Allies) and had to walk all the way across downtown to the 6th St Bridge, across that, around PNC Park, and to gate B. All in all, it was a helluva a hoof on a hot muggy night. And then afterward, we had to do it all again. Suffice to say my consumer, who is always talking about walking and exercise, definitely got his fill of walking that night. He also got his fill of the Steelers who won the game 27-13. After we returned to the car, I took him out the Blvd and up onto Forbes and gave him the guided tour of Pitt and Oakland (both north and south at midnight). He seemed interested in it and told me that despite living in Monaca for a while, he never got to see more than Downtown. It was an enjoyable trip and, despite being dead tired the next day, I would probably do it again provided that the company allows me to get a hotel room.
Well, that is about all I've been doing lately.
My last item in this entry has nothing to do with me (except that I am a major James Bond fan).
I would like to offer my condolences to the family of Lois Maxwell. Ms. Maxwell played "Miss Moneypenny", the secretary of "M" who hoped in vain for a single date with Bond. Maxwell was in 14 Bond films ranging from "Dr. No" in 1962 to "A View To A Kill" in 1985. She will be missed by Bond fans everywhere.
As always, I am Chuck and this has been my (very mild) rant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home