.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chuck's Occasional Rants (now banned in 15 countries)

This is where I rant about my life, the way things are going, the state of the nation, or anything else that catches my attention. These entries reflect my opinion on a given subject. That opinion may be viewed as anything from informed to insane, but nonetheless it is mine. If you disagree with me, remember no one is forcing you to read this blog. As to the blog name, according to sources, the content of this blog most likely violates certain banned speech laws in 15 countries.

Name:
Location: Parts Unknown, Pennsylvania, United States

I am male, 41, heterosexual, caucasian, and still living (to the best of my knowledge). I won't mention my political views as I am sure that you will figure them out from the entires in this blog (unless you are a Tea Party member in which case you are probably too uneducated and downright stupid to figure it out.)

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Did You Ever...

Hello again readers. I hope everyone had a pleasant and safe holiday.
Today's post concerns the fact that I cannot seem to gather my thoughts enough to write a coherent post.
It would seem that I have too many subjects and not enough "umph" to write just one post. On top of that, all the subject seem to be jumbling together. What I mean is, I would like to write about my reaction to Bill Cowher's decision to resign as the head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers. But then again, I would like to write about how my Friday went (lousy). And all of that is being mixed around with concerns for my girlfriend's health (she was in the hospital for a few days) and the fact that I am about 3/4ths burned out in my job (I think I need a break, but the company, being the dicks that they are won't give me one). With all that in mind, I have just decided to write a blurb on each. Here goes...
First, I am sad that Cowher has decided to resign. I am not unhappy that he is pursuing another course, I am just worried about what direction the Steelers will take from here. I mean the Steelers have had only two coaches in my lifetime and both of them have done very well. I am just worried that the third coach will finally be the one that sends the Steelers back to their pre-Chuck Noll mediocrity.
As for my Friday, I have one question...Is it some unwritten rule that every driver in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania must lose their higher mental functions the moment that the first raindrop hits the ground? It seems like it to me. On Friday I had to take my consumer to an appointment 40 miles from our house. On the way there, I saw people executing nearly every form of stupidity that one can commit in a car. From going 70 mph in the rain to swerving from lane to lane (without signals, I might add), to "multitasking", you name it, some idiot was doing it. WTF, people? Do you not understand that hydroplaning, and thus lack of control, can occur at 55 mph? Do you not know that you can be cited for failure to signal a lane change (or did you just run out of "blinker fluid")? Do you not know that "multitasking" increases your chance of having an accident? Or are you, as I have surmised by your behavior, just idiots? I guarantee that if one of these idiots hits me, and they aren't injured in the accident, they will be by the time the police arrive!!! For those of you wondering, no, I don't have road rage. Bad driving is just one of my pet peeves. People constantly complain about the increase in the number of drivers on the road every year. If I had my way, that number would drop drastically. First the age at which you can get a drivers license would go from 16 to 19. Second, all new drivers would have to pass a test as stringent as the current CDL-A test. And last, in a phased program taking no longer than 10 years, all current drivers WITHOUT a CDL would have to the new CDL-like test and pass it before they could renew their licenses. In addition, if you failed the test 3 times, you would have to wait at least 6 months before retaking it. If you failed it 5 times, the wait would go to a year. And if you failed it 7 times, you would be banned from driving permanently. On top of that, driving without a license would get some teeth. The new penalty for driving without a license would be: 1st offense, 6 month suspension-$10000 fine (mandatory), 2nd offense, 1 year suspension, 3 months in prison, $15000 fine, and 3rd offense, lifetime suspension, 6 months in prison, $25000 fine. All subsequent offenses would carry a minimum of 1 year in prison and a maximum of up to 10 years in prison. It would have to be that harsh because those who lose their license would just say, "So what, I can still drive" and then commence driving without a license, so there needs to be a harsh deterrent.
Well, I think I have complained enough. I am glad I got that out of my system, I feel much better now.
As always, I am Chuck, and I say "learn how to drive, ya moron!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home