.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chuck's Occasional Rants (now banned in 15 countries)

This is where I rant about my life, the way things are going, the state of the nation, or anything else that catches my attention. These entries reflect my opinion on a given subject. That opinion may be viewed as anything from informed to insane, but nonetheless it is mine. If you disagree with me, remember no one is forcing you to read this blog. As to the blog name, according to sources, the content of this blog most likely violates certain banned speech laws in 15 countries.

Name:
Location: Parts Unknown, Pennsylvania, United States

I am male, 41, heterosexual, caucasian, and still living (to the best of my knowledge). I won't mention my political views as I am sure that you will figure them out from the entires in this blog (unless you are a Tea Party member in which case you are probably too uneducated and downright stupid to figure it out.)

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Here We Go Again...

Hello readers, I hope everyone is in good health.
The subject of today's post refers to the fact that I am going to have to take another break from this blog.
As you may know, I have a job doing what is called "Family Living" or "Life Sharing" with developmentally disabled people. And as you may also know, I had done a temporary assignment and I have been waiting to be notified as to when I would be starting my permanent assignment. Well, I finally got the notification. I will be starting my permanent assignment on 28 Aug 06. As the permanent assignment requires that I relocate, I will be without internet access (except for occasionally at the local library or internet cafe to check my email). That means that I will not be able to make any entries to the blog for a while. I figure the break should last anywhere from 1.5 to 3 months. The reason for the rather lengthy time estimate is that it will take me at least 1 month to get a paycheck and then it will take another 0.5 to 1 month to get the DSL line hooked up. Unfortunately I cannot get cable at my new place so I have to go with DSL, and that DSL is, unfortunately, provided by Verizon. I generally do not like Verizon because of their connections to the NSA and the fact that, at least in the area I am moving to, they are not too speedy when it comes to hooking up new lines. But the alternative, going with Jack Flash DSL from Commonwealth Tel., is so repugnant that I cannot bear the thought of it let alone seriously consider them as a provider (let's just say that their service is a bit on the poor side of good and lousy).
So, in summation, I will be offline for the next 1.5 to 3 months. Hopefully this break will be on the short end of my estimate, but don't count on it. I will let everyone know when I am back on via a post on the blog. Until then, I wish everyone good luck and good health.
I am Chuck and my rants will be delayed due to technical difficulties...Please stand by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home