.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chuck's Occasional Rants (now banned in 15 countries)

This is where I rant about my life, the way things are going, the state of the nation, or anything else that catches my attention. These entries reflect my opinion on a given subject. That opinion may be viewed as anything from informed to insane, but nonetheless it is mine. If you disagree with me, remember no one is forcing you to read this blog. As to the blog name, according to sources, the content of this blog most likely violates certain banned speech laws in 15 countries.

Name:
Location: Parts Unknown, Pennsylvania, United States

I am male, 41, heterosexual, caucasian, and still living (to the best of my knowledge). I won't mention my political views as I am sure that you will figure them out from the entires in this blog (unless you are a Tea Party member in which case you are probably too uneducated and downright stupid to figure it out.)

Monday, February 06, 2006

Ok, I Had To Write About This...

Hello again sports fans and loyal readers. I trust that everyone is ok.
Well, I could not resist. I just had to make a post concerning the fact that approximately 3hrs ago, the Pittsburgh Steelers became only the third team in the history of the NFL to win 5 Super Bowls. The also became the only playoff 6th seed to ever win the big dance.
Yes, as probably most of you know by now, the Pittsburgh Steelers defeated the Seattle Seahawks 21-10 at Ford Field in Detroit.
As a lifelong member of the "Steeler Nation", I am unabashedly overflowing with joy, pride, and a tinge of sadness right now. I am joyful that the Steelers finally won "one for the thumb". I am proud of the Steelers for the season that they had and for what they've achieved. And I am touched by a bit of sadness as one of all-time great players in Steelers' history announced his retirement after the game.
When asked about next season, Jerome Bettis (#36,RB), a much loved figure in Pittsburgh who goes by the affectionate nickname of "The Bus", said "I'm a champion. I think the Bus' last stop is here in Detroit. It's official, like the referee whistle."
I can't say that I blame The Bus for ending his career in this manner. After all, every athlete, no matter what the sport, wants to go out a winner. All I can say is, "Say it ain't so Bus!" If Bettis sticks by his decision to retire, and I suspect he will, he will be greatly missed, not only by the team, but by loyal Black and Gold fans everywhere.
So, at least for a week or two, I am going to enjoy the fact that the Pittsburgh Steelers are Super Bowl XL champions. I would advise members of the Steeler Nation everywhere to do the same.
After that it is time to start thinking about how we are going to win Super Bowl XLI next year in Miami!
I am Chuck and like the one song in the pregame show said, I am "dancing in the street"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home