.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chuck's Occasional Rants (now banned in 15 countries)

This is where I rant about my life, the way things are going, the state of the nation, or anything else that catches my attention. These entries reflect my opinion on a given subject. That opinion may be viewed as anything from informed to insane, but nonetheless it is mine. If you disagree with me, remember no one is forcing you to read this blog. As to the blog name, according to sources, the content of this blog most likely violates certain banned speech laws in 15 countries.

Name:
Location: Parts Unknown, Pennsylvania, United States

I am male, 41, heterosexual, caucasian, and still living (to the best of my knowledge). I won't mention my political views as I am sure that you will figure them out from the entires in this blog (unless you are a Tea Party member in which case you are probably too uneducated and downright stupid to figure it out.)

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Calling All Patriotic Americans.

Hello again folks.
Today, I am calling on all patriotic Americans to get out and do your civic duty. If you are registered to do so, get out and vote! The polls are open from roughly 7am to 8pm in nearly every state (Dixville Notch, NH opens slightly earlier, around midnight) and your employer MUST allow you time to vote if you work across those hours (in other words, if you work a shift that starts before 7am and ends after 8pm, your employer is required by federal law to allow you time to go vote). Also, if you are a first time voter or cannot operate the voting machine by yourself, remember that the poll workers are required to offer you assistance if you request it. If you don't know where your local polling place is, look at your voter registration card, call you local board of elections, or look it up online (the major candidates websites can help you). So, I don't want to hear you whining that you don't have time, or that voting is too difficult, or that you don't know where your polling station is located.
Keep in mind that voting is not only your right, but it is also your duty. It is simple, easy, and (with a few friends) can be fun. So, now, get off your lazy asses and go vote. And remember, if you don't vote, you don't really have a right to bitch about who wins because you did nothing to influence the outcome.
And for those of you who are wondering, I voted at approximately 7:30 this morning, right after I got home from work. No, I will not tell you who I voted for, but I will tell you that in Pennsylvania there are four candidates for President listed: Larry, Moe, Curly, and Shemp (you get to figure out who is who).
Now quit reading this and go vote!
As always, I am Chuck and I approved this message.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chuck...Charlie and I voted (a little later than you did since he works first shift). Check out Charlie's blogs on Myspace.

11:28 PM, November 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home